Monday 23 September 2013

Pedagogy library




As I am embarking on a whole school teaching and learning project I thought it would be useful if we had a pedagogy section in the school library.  Having only joined the school this year and not having  time to join the school library myself, the first job was to see if we already had a section: no we don't.  So now, shall we buy some books and chance that they will gather dust and go out of date on our shelves? No we won't.  What I did, three weeks ago, was to email and bulletin all staff with my intentions and to see if anyone wanted to loan books to the library. The response was brilliant; in total six teachers donated around twenty books, the librarian catalogued them and arranged a brilliant display and within a day, two teachers had been, selected books and opened library accounts.  Unless they're stocking up on fuel for the imminent cold weather, we have a blazing success!

1 comment: